Friday, January 25, 2013

Keeping the Pocket Change

Many people stress about money, my feeling is stress is the main contributor to an unhappy medium in life. So here are just a few ways I save a couple extra dollars.

Save all the pennies, quarters and pocket change from your pockets or purse at the end of the day. Put it in a jar and then don't take any out. Once your jar is full go to the bank and get coin roll papers and roll the coins, so you don't pay a machine to count it for you and lose a percentage of it. Cash them in at your local bank. You may be surprised how much pocket change accumulates over time.

Grocery shopping:

Groceries are so expensive especially if you want "healthy" choices. I take advantage of the local fruit and Vegetable stands, to save on all my fresh herbs, veggies, and fruits.I also use the local news paper ad's to get the best buy. Life is so busy and coupons are a huge time taker, so I use Safeway's Just for You app, online and on my android. That amazing asset saves me so much money and then it also saves me much more at the gas pump.

Gas Prices:

Gas prices cost so much, some days it seems to go up some days it seems to drop. A few ways I have found to save at the pump is fill up! When prices are low, or you have a discount, fill your tank all the way up. You never know what tomorrows price will be. I know for my car at least the top part of the tank seems to last a whole lot longer then the bottom half. I also use Safeway's rewards program, but if you don't shop at Safeway; Fred Myers aka Kroger, Costco, and even Walmart for some states provide saving at the pump. I got 80 cents a gallon off of gas!

On house hold items can sometimes be the hardest to find and save on, the ways I've found to make my dollar stretch is shopping at local thrift stores, like Value Village and Goodwill. You can find everything, from dishes, clothes, furniture, entertainment, electronics, and even gifts at Great prices! Stay tuned for a future blog about thrift stores and getting the most benefit out of shopping at one... One other store I know I save lots of money going to is Dollar Tree. They have holiday things, beauty and heath supplies. They even have some food! I buy my condiment especially, why spend 3 dollars for mustard when you can for a buck?? There are so many house hold necessities that they carry like, pens, paper, storage containers, toys for the kids, pet supplies for the furry kids too and so much more.

The last way that I save, especially in the winter is turn down the heat and layer up! Layer the blankets, clothes, and sweaters. It can save a tremendous amount of electricity. 

I hope this has reminded you of a couple ways to save a few pennies this new year!


Thank you for reading!

Breanna

No comments:

Post a Comment